Sunday, August 27, 2006

Road trip

Dropped Ol off at the airport for his flight and I pootled down to Kelmscott to spend the rest of the day at Dad and Rose's.

Rose and I went and had a look at some of the local houses for sale. Australians have a very different taste in decor to Pommies http://www.realestate.com.au/ at least not to my taste.

To view a house here they have open days, I think usually on a weekend, the owners go out and the estate agent stays in the house and people just show up and nose around. In a way its better than the UK, you don't have to keep the house tidy all week or panic when there is a unplanned viewing. One house had so many scented candles burning I could smell them from the bottom of the path and nearly swooned when I walked in, it was very off putting.

I pootled back to Padbury in the dark, rather pleased with myself that I didn't get lost on the way and driving at such a slow speed is quite relaxing really.

Em

No comments:

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites