Tuesday, August 22, 2006

McCafe (OJG)

Hi everyone, me again.

Well it's been a fun few days since my last blog entry, during which time it has rained tons more (especially when I am walking about in town). Incidentally Perth City center is very small, it literally takes 2 minutes to walk their equivalent of Oxford Street, and about 3 minutes to walk their equivalent of The City. Having said that, they do have 3 tall buildings! No seriously, on the plus side everything is very clean and tidy, and everyone is friendly and offering all sorts of extra advice, which I am sure will come in handy one day.


Ok, now I have taken a picture of this restaurant, or cafe as it likes to be known, which can be seen to the right. Anyone guess the name of the cafe? Starbucks? Nope. Cafe Nero? No again.... I'll tell you the name... McDonald's!!! Yep I couldn't believe it either, hence the picture. Mind you the burgers still tasted below average, and I doubt we would go there again unless we found ourselves desperate for food at 2am... again.

What else, Emelie thought it would be nice to go to Fast Eddys, a burger joint that she used to frequent when she was a teenager. She also thought it would be a nice idea to steal a menu for old times sake. However when we got there, it was clear to see that this burger place was a favourite of the local law enforcement! I told Emelie that she would really have a challenge if she wanted to carry out her mission... But I suspect the thought of appearing on "World's Dumbest Criminals" got the better of her, and we decided to go ahead with plan B, and just ask if we could have one, to which we received two.

We think we have seen our perfect camper van, it has everything we want, well more or less everything, but most importantly it has a new (1 year old) unleaded engine which we have not seen on any other Kombis. The only slight problem is that the van is just up the road a little bit, which in Australia means 2 days drive. The owner is a diving instructor though and assures me that if we do go up we will get to dive with Manta Rays which has been a life-long ambition of mine for.... well life. Well ever since I had this book entitled "Monsters of the Deep" (I was probably 8 years old), which had a picture of a Devil Ray (another name for the Manta Ray) leaping out of the water. So I am doubly excited about that upcoming mini trip... Oh and apparently it is not raining up there!!! Triply excited.

So, in terms of overall trip progress, we have a rental car, we have spoken to a few people about camper vans (our fave is the one up the road), we have bought some bikes, and we are slowly but surely gathering all the bits that we will need for the long journey. In the next couple of days we intend to actually see some of the campers, see some of the tourist spots in Perth (still not done any of that), start to use the bikes, and various other bits.

Well I guess that is enough quiet time for one day, I'd better wake the woman up and get on with the task list. Oh and for those that are interested, I mentioned in my last blog that I needed a massage but had not yet received one! Well Emelie read this and felt all guilty, and said that she would in fact give me a massage, and that I had better write about it when she did... Well I am still waiting!

Oly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't figure out how to leave a message!!

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites