Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Heathrow

I arrived at LHR with plenty of time to sit outside departures waiting to be allowed into the terminal to check in. We had caught the tail end of the terror plot security scare and the DOT were reintroducing cabin baggage onto flights. Providing you only intended to carry miniature cabin baggage purchased on your last travels to Lilliput.

Oly arrived after I did and had to go through the same incredible shrinking bag trick to get his hand luggage into the bag cage. The secret is to stick all your books under your arms without anyone noticing.

Once inside the terminal it was a dream, we sailed through. There were no queues, and as Sam the wise one had said, in an effort to comfort me, once I hit duty free I would forget I was sad, and she was right

My elation wore off once I boarded the plane and realised it was packed, then I really did miss home.

Em

No comments:

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites