Saturday, August 26, 2006

Be right back (OJG)

Hi everyone,

This will be my last blog for several days as I am flying up to Exmouth tomorrow to see this camper van. The plan is for me to take the flight up Sunday lunchtime, and then see the car in the afternoon. I will then stay there overnight, have a cheeky dive the next morning, and then make my way back that afternoon. The journey back down should take 2 days of leisurely driving. Apparently many people do not travel at night in case of a Roo colission, which in nearly all cases writes off the vehicle. The purpose of a Roo-Bar (Bull-bar) is to protect the people not so much the actual vehicle (I suspect the huge ones on the trucks are a little stronger!).

Speaking of Roos, I have yet to see one, or at least to have had a definite siting. I think I saw a dead one in the middle of the freeway, but 2 minutes later changed my mind when I saw a second lying one on the side of the road and then realised it was just a rolled up beige carpet that had fallen out of a lorry.

In fact I have yet to see any exotic animals at all!!! No spiders, no snakes, no crocs, and no sharks! I have seen some goldfish, a few cats & dogs, seagulls, pigeons.... it's just like home really! Oh I suppose we saw a couple of Pelicans doing their best impression of a WWII bombing run, it was actually quite impressive.

We went to Freo the other day (Freemantle), which was interesting. A sort of small old port / university town with nearly all of its traditional buildings still in tact. It is one of the trendiest places in Perth to be. We saw the first place that Emelie lived in when she came to Perth, and althought the place did not look as good as it does today, the view was as amazing then as it is now.

I think that will have to be it for this blog entry, I have various things I need to get organised before the voyage up North.

<--- Old House. Oly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very impressed with this form of communication and even more impressed with the fluency ! You both look very happy in the pics so it seems like a great beginning. Look forward to much more.

Anonymous said...

Hi Em&Oly, Your diary is a brilliant idea. I look forward to reading about all your adventures. Lets hope you get to see some Kangeroo's soon! I wish you both all the luck and happiness I can. Have a great time, love Karen xx

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites