Thursday, March 22, 2007

Day 53: The Great Barrier Reef

Divers Log, Divedate 2...


Two things happened today, firstly I managed to stay stock still when I encountered Axel and secondly, Henry has a girlfriend.

So I did my deep dive and navigation. Once again we were greeted by Axel at the second dive site and this time I kept my arms in and made no eye contact.

One thing that wasn't planned for during our dive, was when Gary's regulator hose blew off the tank leaving him with no oxygen. It made a big boom and we were told that a large mushroom of air exploded on the surface. Gary, the professional, remained calm as Oly raced gave him his spare regulator (octopus) and we carried on our dive after the boat dropped Gary another tank, complete with BCD, which he had to carry around with him.

I am pleased to say I passed (yay!) and am now an Advanced Open Water Diver (woooo!). Ol and I celebrated by going to the Chinese restaurant frequented by the rich and famous (Bill & Kiefer). It was not good. The chicken satay we had for starters was thigh meat and the rest of the meal was mediocre.

On a happier note, Henry is indulging in his first holiday romance. He met Blondie, Lisa's kombi, at the camp site. He admired her roo bar from afar (poetry) Oly says Henry was actually admiring her headlights...

In my own little way I am missing Axel already...

Emelie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's one big fish!

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites