Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A quick rewind...

Lets catch you up to my last post in Margaret River...


We left Perth very late on Sunday after spending the afternoon catching up with my cousins that I haven't seen in 20 years. We had a very nice Sunday roast and the last thing we wanted to do in the end was drive 3 hours to Margaret river, but if we didn't make a start we would never leave Perth!

When it started to get dark, which is 6PM without fail, we called ahead to a camping site in Bunbury and booked ourselves in for our first night sleeping in the van (well second night for Ol) It rained and it rained, the winds wailed and beat against the van and we woke up every 30 minutes. However it was comfortable and I quite like my feet hanging out of a bed that is about a foot too short (no pun intended)

We set off south again the next morning and decided to spend the night in Yallingup, which is Aboriginal for Place of Love. There is nothing there except for the fantastic view and this time we even had hailstones battering down on the roof.

It was not looking good for camping!

Our luck was better in Margaret River, the weather was sunny at times but at least there was no rain.

We went on a wine tasting trip. After the first winery I had to start using the spitoon to tip my wine into as I started to feel a bit queasy. All was forgotten when we arrived at the chocolate factory! I think Oly and I have been on a chocolate high ever since, we will come crashing down when our meager supply runs out, then there will be tears!

There were seven in our group, three girls from the east coast and a couple that have just emigrated from Ireland. We had a really nice day and we were very lucky to have such a good group.

Oh, I decided to do some washing that morning and the tumble dryer was really useless, taking ages to dry the clothes, so I ended up doing the tour in my pajama bottoms... luckily they were plain black and they were clean on, I had not just woken up in them, unfortunately they were too short for me and flapped around my ankles. I am sure nobody noticed.

All the people who invited us to taste their wine were so nice and friendly and really made you feel as enthusiastic about their wine as they did just by listening to them. It really is another world here in Australia, we have yet to meet someone that is rude or unhelpful, it is going to be a shock when we come back to the UK for a holiday!

Em

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's so new about you spending all day in your pyjama's!!! thought that was the norm

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites