Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I told you so

We had our first outdoor cooked meal today. It was beef burgers and carrots with sesame and sunflower seed bread... Even better than nandos!


I cooked while Oly did a bit of camper van envy with the van next to us. I am sure he will tell you all about it... by the sound of it we were coming out on top. Every time we see a kombi we get excited and have a peek inside, it could be a little embarrasing if we get caught.

The van is very comfortable to sleep in and as we have so many gaps in the curtains the sun streaming through wakes me up bright and early. This morning I thought Ol had been dribbling in his sleep quite severely, but it turned out that we have a leak in the pop top somewhere. Quite possibly the one that Alpha pointed out to us that day in Freo... kids nowadays, they just don't listen! Oly gaffer taped it up this afternoon so lets hope it rains again so we can test it.

I have ten more minutes left to write this before they throw us out of this internet cafe, I am suddenly feeling the pressure. I am also talking to James on MSN at the same time which doesnt help.

Talking of weather... I really thought the van was going to tip over last night, I hardly slept it was very scary, I swear wheels were lifting off the ground.

Gotta go... times up

Em

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi you two. i agree with the person who said you should go south rather than north. you'd have a great adventure going across the nullarbor! at least you've got a road across now. when i did it some 30 years ago a lot of it was just graded track. i didn't do too badly though considering i had two young children and was towing a caravan! you could always do the north at a later date. love you both. mater xxx

Anonymous said...

think i made a boo boo there, must have pressed send twice. i shouldn't be left alone with a computer!!
re your comments on nando's....nando's in brighton will never be the same again!! the chooks must be bigger in australia!! had any mosquito bites yet?

Anonymous said...

Good morning campers!
Are you still having fun?
We arrive in Sydney on 22nd Nov...leaving Perth on 5th Dec.
We visit loads of other places en route...finishing our Grand Tour in Singapore!
Keep on bloggin'
Love Sue x

Anonymous said...

Hi Em&Oly, thought I'd join my sisters in your diary! I think the weather here in Crewe sounds nearly as bad as the weather you're having, the thunder is rolling. Hope you've sorted the'leak' out. Sounds like you're having quite a time, keep smiling, love Auntie Karen ! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Em & Oly (thought I'd use the abbreviation!)
So great to see you're in one of our favourite places in Oz - margie's river. Make sure you drive through the Karrie forest in borrunyup (I think it's there) - it's beautiful. jan and gavin

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites