Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Day 66: Cairns - Green Island

We scooted down to Toby who worked his magic and made us take back all those terrible things we said about retiring Henry and getting a fabulous camper van with a permanent bed above the drivers cab where we could nap when ever we wanted too!

The juddering was a loose wire to the idle throttle and the second gear issue was a corroded bush (I think I got that all correct, can't ask Oly as he is naping in the bed we have to spend five minutes putting together before we can nap). Its all fixed and Henry is a dreambus again.

I am a little sun-blushed today. We visited the beautiful Green Island just off Cairns. Henry was dropped off at 9AM and we had a day to kill.

We jumped on the Reef Rocket (Oly and I had alot of fun with that) and arrived 45 minutes later on the island just in time for our prepaid buffet lunch on the Big Cat (not recommended). Stomachs bursting we then tried to snorkel in 12 inches of reedy water. I lasted all of 10 minutes before I got fed up and sat on the beach. Oly persisted for a while longer.

There are two areas that you can snorkel, one is supervised and one is unsupervised. We went to the later as it was the first one we came across and the chap on the boat said it was a good spot. The second spot was much better, so Oly said, and his fab pictures are proof enough. I didn't go in as I had taken off my stinger suit and couldn't be bothered to put it back on. If I had maybe I wouldn't have a (nearly) all over blush right now.

We had a quick walk along the beach and board walk before we boarded our boat to take us back to Cairns and waiting Henry.

Off to Mission Beach tomorrow, I can't wait... we have heard so many good things about it.

Emelie

Location: Click Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites