Thursday, December 21, 2006

Day 37: Townsville

Today we picked up Henry... of course I mean the Royal "We". As Oly cycled off to pick him up I took a walk on the esplanade.

While we wait for Oly's return I will tell you about a little episode that happened a few days ago.

Oly & the Magpie-Lark

Oly had be badgering me to go with him to take photos of the Magpie that keeps attacking him when we cycle past it. I respond to these requests by looking at him incredulously and stating he is mad and I have no intention of going anywhere near that bird.

Soooo... for some reason Oly had to go that way again and decided he would take the short cut past the bird. Crazy fool! He came back to the apartment, wired on adrenalin, terrified, bleeding from his ear. The bird had dive bombed him 12 times hitting his cycle helmet and clawed and pecked his ear.

I offered lots of sympathy and detol and was pleased to hear he came around to my way of thinking, he did not require my photographic services in the near future.

Oly finally returned with Henry and we went to do some last minute xmas speed shopping.

Henry still does not feel very well, he stalled a few times and whenever we stopped at traffic lights he stuttered and threatened to stall.

Lets see how he goes on the drive to Cairns. We were told he would be a little bit delicate and a tune-up would be needed once we get up there.

The next few days and going to be very long...

Em

No comments:

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites