Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day 150: Darwin - Litchfield

We set off bright and early for Litchfield National Park, a small park 130km south west of Darwin. It is pretty much four waterfalls with delicious plunge pools and if I remember rightly, no crocs!

Our plan is to stay for two nights and as our drive was only just over an hour, so on arrival we had time to start on our itinerary.

On the way to our camp site at Wangi Falls we visited Tolmer Falls. I really needed the empty my bladder, desperately, so when we arrived I trotted off in search of the public toilets, only to find they were pit toilets. Any urges I had quickly disappeared when I opened the lid and peered into a black abyss. I wasn't taking any chances.

Tolmer Falls was OK, we did the short walk to it, had a look past all the other tourists and took the long walk back to the car. It is the start of the school holidays in the Northern Territory and its really packed here and full of kids...

Emelie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guy's look like your having a great time, good to see more pictures of you.

xxx

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites