Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 136: Mataranka - Katherine

It was only a very short hop up to Katherine from Mataranka, just over 100km.

We expected Katherine to be a reasonable sized town, leaning towards the biggish side, judging from the font size on our map. Well it wasn't... it felt very much like a one street town and the most bizarre thing was they had speakers all the way down this one street playing the local music radio station. Oly and I kept looking around wondering where it was coming from, then it dawned on us. It was really strange.

Katherine is famous for Nitmiluk National Park where Katherine Gorge is situated. We have booked a breakfast cruise on Friday, I am not sure why I came up with the crazy idea of getting up at 5:45 AM and I am starting to regret it already!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After looking in on Frans Tea room I couldn't decide whether to make camel and buffalo pie or cream teas. Anyway I nipped out to Tesco and they had none of the meat so I purchased plain scones, clotted cream and raspberry jam, we'll just have to make do!

Anonymous said...

Put the kettle on, I'll be right over!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Got your postcard, thanks! We wish we were there too!!!
It sounds as if you are having the time of your lives!!!
Enjoy it all, love Sue & Mal x.

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering where you were and if you enjoyed your cruise.

Emelie Coffey said...

I would prefer the scones over the camel and buffalo pie too!

We have been a bit slack on the blog updates lately... I am trying to catch up as fast as I can!

Emelie

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites