Friday, November 10, 2006

It's getting hotter

Well my day was a bit too exciting today.

A train that passes behind the garden fence here decided to throw a few sparks my way which started a fire.

It took about 5 minutes for the fire to go from a small spiral of smoke to a raging furnace. The crackling was really loud. I was on my own, the smoke was everywhere. I had visions of little flames, like lords a leaping, dashing from tree top to tree top and burning the house to the ground. So I did the brave thing and grabbed my laptop and a book and got ready to dash out of the front door. At that moment firemen appeared like magic in the back garden and the day was saved.

Actually, they ran out of water and knocked on the back door to tell me I needed to use the hose pipe and dampen down the pine needles that were smouldering under the trees at the back of the garden and then left.

I didn't need to be told twice...

Emelie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you're ok and there wasn't any damage. reminds me of the time you, sam and i were driving to liverpool and the car in front went on fire. we stopped the car and ran up the bank on the motorway,SCARY! we were laughing yesterday recalling the time you drove past me and i ran after the car shouting "eh,eh" and you pretended not to see me, eventually saying "calm down, calm down"!! we've had some mad moments!
miss you

Anonymous said...

you brave baby!!! was it like the towering inferno? glad you thought to grab your laptop, without that you would expire in a matter of minutes! bib xxxx

Anonymous said...

glad your not hurt :)
i was just wondering if you's two we're going to the red bull air race.
have fun ben

Anonymous said...

insead of photographing with abloody camera the fire you should also have had a water hose in hand titypical pom brave baby what a laugh

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites