Friday, November 24, 2006

Day 10: Yulara

We woke up around 9AM and didn't do an awful lot today... we really do deserve this day off.

Up went our rickety tent and we chucked our clothes, bikes and tools into it. I made a fly screen for Henry's slide door which is pretty nifty and it means we can sit in the van at night with it open (curtains drawn) and no bugs should get in.

For dinner we had delicious Nando's marinaded chicken and snow peas. We have been trying to make sure we are eating something nutritious each day. It's too hot to eat or cook but we have made the effort and alternated between scotch fillet steak and marinaded chicken each night with a small portion of vegetables. The fridge we have installed is a blessing. I still have chocolate in it that I have not even considered eating, and I am a chocoholic... Oly keeps checking my forehead to see if I am unwell!

I realise that there is a lack of pictures of Oly or myself, the problem is I don't really like having my picture taken and Oly always groans when I say I will take a picture of him. He explains our feelings well, we are living in a van and its bloody hot and as we are touring round we are not primped and preened every day and really don't look our best. I KNOW you all don't care what we look like, but we are vain! Having said all that... I will try harder and get us in the pictures.

Big day tomorrow, must get some sleep.

Em

Temp: 42c

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we've got a nando's in crawley now! haven't tried it yet.

Anonymous said...

hello all (by that i Mean OLY and EMILIE)

Henry looks Beaut, very comfortable by the looks of things.
will keep up to date with your Adventures.
Seeyou Ben

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites