Thursday, July 05, 2007

Day 157: Darwin

As promised we went back to the Buzz cafe and I persuaded Ol to take my mobile phone into the men's toilets to take a photo of the one way mirror urinals.

As I loitered outside the manager came up and asked me if I had been in, "No" I replied looking decidedly guilty even though I was innocent. "You should do, we get more women than men going in to see them".

I needed no further encouragement.

Today is Thursday and Thursday nights are Mindil Beach Sunset Markets. The markets are a fusion of food, crafts, entertainers and a stunning sunset. It was packed.

It is definitely worth checking out if you are in Darwin on a Thursday or Sunday. Be prepared to be jostled amongst the many (I was stabbed in the chest with a protracted pen sticking out of a back pack, it tore a hole in my t-shirt and drew all over my bra! I was not terribly impressed as I disentangled myself from the man's bag) and be prepared to share your romantic sunset with the thousands.

I have to mention The Amazing Drumming Monkeys. They were fantastic! Two peace lovin' guys with monkey puppets and bongo drums. The kids loved them, and adults. I was too busy watching and enjoying to take any pictures so you will just have to go to their website (with the music on) and see what they are all about.

Emelie

2007-07-05 Buzz Cafe, Darwin
PHOTO ALBUM
2007-07-05 Mindil Beach, Darwin
PHOTO ALBUM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the mens loos in the Philharmonic pub in Liverpool are also a tourist attraction where women go to have a look.
we'll have to go there when you're home.

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites