Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day 108: Surfers Paradise

As we are only 30 minutes from Surfers Paradise we decided to pop up there today to have a look at the Q1 building.

It is (as I have mentioned in a previous post) the worlds tallest residential building. 80 levels of luxury, they self proclaim, and at $1.8 million dollars for an apartment it is unlikely that I will ever find out if what the claim is true.

1.8 mill aside, for $17.50 you can ride up to floor 77 in one of the worlds fastest elevators, 42.7 seconds and repeated ear popping later you are treated to an awe inspiring 360 degrees view of Surfers Paradise from the Q1 Observation Deck.

It was pretty special.

However, to take each of my photos I first had to slide my foot out to touch the window frame, all the time looking at anything but the view (it was floor to ceiling glass), I then held on to a window support post with my camera to my eye and slowly moved my head forward until the lens touched the glass*... then I could look through the camera.

I must have looked really stupid.

We didn't take a tripod with us so our pictures were not as sharp as they could have been, but I am sure my pictures will give you a sense of some of the vertigo I experienced.

Emelie

*no camera lenses were harmed during this trip to the observation deck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i didn't have a fear of heights. The view looks breathtaking. i get dizzy going on the london underground!

Anonymous said...

stunning photographs.
Lisa

Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Add to Technorati Favorites